Certified Medical Assistant
IMMEDIATE PART TIME/PRN EMPLOYMENT.
- Weekdays 3:30-8pm, 2-3 days/week
- Weekends 9a-3p
We are currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to provide comprehensive, quality and accessible health care services to patients. Two consecutive years of Certified Medical Experience is required. Front desk, primary care office experience and medical billing preferred. Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) are preferred but not required.
- Greets, checks in, and prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures; collects basic patient information (demographics and brief medical history), measures vital signs, and records information in select paper and electronic charts/databases.
- Obtains specimens, conducts routine lab studies, coordinates patient flow and assists with administrative functions.
- Performs routine phlebotomy via venipuncture or finger stick and specimen collection.
- Processes referrals and schedules patient appointments with outside specialists as prescribed by the provider.
- Verifies patient insurance and schedules patient follow-up appointments.
- Maintains nursing stations and examination areas in a manner consistent with OSHA standards and office protocols and procedures.
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies and materials.
- Assists Provider with medication refills and lab orders.
- Maintains office and patient records by preparing timely, legible, and complete documentation of all patient care as provided by law, regulation, and established policy.
- Participates in quality improvement and utilization review activities.
- Participates in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities and stay abreast of current technologies/practices.
- Applies safety principles as identified by established policy.
- Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to patient confidentiality (HIPAA) and risk management; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals.
- Adjusts to fluctuating peaks in patient flow, acuity, and other operational demands while maintaining quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Must be certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or equivalent association. Two (2) years of experience is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- A focus on patient care and excellent communication skills is a must.
- Demonstrated phlebotomy skills.
- Experience performing primary care office duties is preferred.
- Experience with medical billing is preferred.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Bilingual capabilities (English/Spanish) preferred.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org